The e7 Architecture Studio provides paid student internships to students of the Los Angeles Community College District. The e7 Architecture Studio helps to enrich the Los Angeles Community College District's effort to build more considerately, intelligently, safely and sustainably, while at the same time providing a work experience that is relevant to student's course of study. As an integrated educational model, e7 dedicates itself to a range of projects and is composed of five distinct internship teams, each team led by professional staff:
- Computer Aided Design (CAD) - The CAD team focuses on preparing, maintaining, converting, scanning, storing and organizing existing paper or digital drawings and related building/infrastructure documents into a digital repository with searching capabilities for easy retrieval and management. The CAD team also supplies 2D/3D drawings to the to the GIS team to be incorporated in the web-based GIS system, and to the Architectural Visualization (VIZ) team to be used in renderings or fly-through graphics. Additionally, the CAD team works with Building Information Modeling (BIM). By managing real world data and modeling actual parts and relationships in 3-D, e7 can help maximize design, installation, commissioning and operation.
- Architectural Visualization (VIZ) - The VIZ team creates photo realistic renderings and animations to help visually communicate the intention of design professionals to the user community. The VIZ team contextualizes the design from 3D CAD or BIM files, setting the flyover camera and walkthrough views to highlight the main design features.
- Geographic Information Systems (GIS) - The GIS team is focused on populating a web-based interactive system for the maintenance of District wide facilities and infrastructure. The primary advantage of this system is to simplify human interface tied to geo-reference information. GIS technology allows e7 to use real world coordinates to analyze and display the elements associated with any given building and its actual global location.
- Systems Solutions (SS) - The SS team is the backbone of the e7 Studio. Their mission is to develop, support, maintain and protect e7's hardware, software and data sets. The SS develops a GIS web-based interactive system and integrates many of e7's deliverables by facilitating an interoperable environment. The SS team provides a wide range of opportunities in software development, databases and web technologies.
- Interactive Multimedia Team (IM) - The IM team aims at creating media experiences with interactivity at its center. The IM team incorporates video, animation, music, web pages and large scale imagery to deliver an educational, touch screen kiosks project.
To view some of the work e7 Architecture studio is doing, visit http://streaming.e7studio.net/?display=01C#
Students who enroll in the LACCD Interns Program are eligible to work at the e7 Architecture Studio.
Once enrolled in the LACCD Interns Program, program staff will query the database of completed applications to match your interests and career-goals with available opportunities, including work at the e7 Architecture Studio. If you have the necessary skills sets and/or fields of study, your resume will be forwarded to e7 program staff for possible interview and hire.