To help returning military veterans establish new careers, PVJOBS runs an employment program for veterans making career transitions. The Veterans Employment Assistance Program (VEAP) is a job program that focuses on assisting veterans in obtaining career-track employment. The job placement and training program enables PVJOBS to help employ returning veterans who need assistance with launching careers.
Through VEAP, PVJOBS provides veterans with access to a wide range of job training programs, including OSHA Certification, construction pre-apprenticeship preparation, and transitional skills training for job readiness. The program also gives veterans access to union apprenticeship programs for various construction trades. Since operating VEAP in 2010, PVJOBS has placed more than 120 veterans into meaningful career-track employment.
Embarking on its third year of operating VEAP, PVJOBS expects to place another 120 veterans in construction-related jobs over the next 18 months. Administered in partnership with the United Job Creation Council, VEAP is funded by the State of California’s Employment Development Department.
All eligible veterans are welcome to receive VEAP services, regardless of their residence in greater Los Angeles. While VEAP primarily serves recently separated gulf veterans, no veterans are excluded from the program.
Who is eligible?
- Service-connected Disabled Veterans Veterans Employment Assistance Program [VEAP] : PVJOBS
- Recently Separated Veterans who have been separated from the military within 48 months prior to application
- Campaign Veterans
- Veterans with significant barriers to employment
- Eligible Spouses Primary consideration, however will be given to Recently Separated Veterans. Other emphases include Veterans who have significant barriers to employment.
- Better than dishonorable discharge
- Served more than 6 months on active duty
- Registered for Selective Service
- Social Security Card
- Photo ID, Drivers License or Passport
Those qualifying and entering one of our programs may receive additional services, which may include:
PVJOBS provides access to a variety of training programs:
We also provide access to related Union Apprenticeship Programs, Partnering with Helmets to Hardhats:
How to Apply to the Program:
PVJOBS only accepts clients referred by our collaborating agencies. Find one in your area and call them. Some agencies have a process to obtain a referral application. Please make sure to follow their procedures. Once the procedure is followed and referral application is obtained, you will be able to attend a PVJOBS orientation. Take Action Now!
The PVJOBS Vets Program is administered in partnership with the United Job Creation Council.
Download the Vets brochure [PDF: 1.32MB]